Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Five days of VLCD done!

Weight: 154

I can't believe I am down 6.5 lbs since SATURDAY.  It hasn't even been a WEEK.  And the weight is REAL because I can see it and feel how differently my clothes fit.  I have stuck to the protocol pretty closely, although I have used Splenda a couple of times have been chewing sugar free gum.  I also had a manicure.  The protocol says you aren't supposed to use any kind of lotion but, you know what, whatever.  6.5 pounds in 5 days... I'm good with that.

My energy has been surprisingly high.  I have done light thirty minute work outs almost every day so far.  I did a couple three mile runs and yesterday I did a half hour on the elliptical.  I am doing it because it makes me feel good, not to lose weight any faster.  I don't think it really makes a difference in daily losses.

I'm surprised most by how few cravings I have had.  I have watched other people eat food I normally love, but I haven't had any overwhelming desire to eat it.  I have been a little hungry at times, usually at night.  I think it's mostly psychological hunger because I don't wake up hungry in the morning at all.  I mostly miss wine.  I kinda miss drinking.  I am not sure it's the sensation I miss so much as the social aspect.  I think a lot of this is rooted in habit, and I know this is a good habit to break.  But I also just feel a little holed up.  Staying home and barely eating anything is getting a little dull.  I might try an experiment tomorrow... I may exchange one serving of fruit for a vodka and soda. I have read several message boards where people have done this with no problems.  The vodka and serving of fruit have the same caloric value and alcohol and fruit are processed very similarly.  I might chicken out, but if I get really desperate to get out of the house and go somewhere...... well, it will be an interesting experiment to see if it really impacts my weight loss.

But overall, so far so good.  I'm a believer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment