Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shopping and gorging

Weight 158.5

Yesterday I went to my friend D's and picked up my HCG.  Her friend started the diet and decided not to go through with it, so I was able to buy hers for a good price.  D is about half way through her 40 day round.  She has been averaging about a pound a day and looks amazing.  She's close to my mom's age, which makes it even more amazing to me.   My mother is overweight and always talks about how impossible it is to lose weight because of menopause.  I am hoping she will be convinced to try this diet if I'm successful.

D and I we went to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's together.  I stocked up on meat and the few veggies and fruits that are allowed.  I am trying to follow the original Simeons protocal as closely as I can with one exception... I am eating broccoli.  Broccoli is allowed in most of the newer HCG diets.  I read an article saying that the reason it probably wasn't in Simeons' protocal is that broccoli was not widely available in supermarkets until the 60s.  The diet protocol was written in the 50s.  This is good enough for me.  I love broccoli.  Half the vegetables on the original protocol are things I wouldn't have any idea how to prepare or any desire to eat... like chard.

Today is the first day on my "gorge" days.  I am having a really hard time with this concept.  I don't normally eat a lot of food.  Normally an enormous amount of calculation and consideration goes into everything I eat.  I don't eat "bad stuff."  So my "gorging" this morning started at 11 a.m. when I went to  meet a friend to have coffee.  I ordered a whole wheat bagel with lots of butter and a latte with whole milk instead of skim.  Not really much of a gorge, but it's what I wanted.  Later in the afternoon I went to the store and bought the ingredients to make shrimp scampi... with lots of butter.  And my boyfriend is going to go to Culver's and get concrete mixers.  I normally HATE custard and think it's disgusting (a small concrete mixer - basically a blizzard from Dairy Queen only with custard - is 800 calories!  800 CALORIES), but since today is about loading up on fats, screw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment